The Ethnology Notebooks. 2022. № 3 (165), 580—584
- ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7248-230x
- PHd in Arts, senior lecturer of the department
- of fine and decorative arts and restoration of works
- of art of the Kamianets-Podilskyi Ivan Ohiienko National University,
- 61, Ogienko street, 32300, Kamyanets-Podilsky, Ukraine,
- Contacts: e-mail: email@example.com
Abstract. Currently, the development of Ukrainian jewelry is observed, where the emphasis is on the revival of traditional technologies of art metal and their introduction into the author’s jewelry art, which sounds creative experimentation of all acquired cultural and artistic achievements in various formats, combining both traditional and alternative materials.
The aim of the work is to generalize the analysis of the main characteristic features of the work of leading artists of Ukrainian jewelry of the late ХХ — early ХХІ centuries, in particular: V. Balyberdin, O. Garkus, T. Kalyuzhna.
The methodology of research is to apply a complex methodology, which is formed from a combination of a number of scientific methods: comparative-historical, structural-typological, analytical-descriptive, imaginative-stylistic analysis.
Scientific novelty. In this study an attempt is made to show a generalized picture of characteristic individual methods and principles of shaping in the works of leading jewelry artists of Ukraine: V. Balyberdin (Kyiv), O. Garkus (Kosiv, Ivano-Frankivsk region), T. Kalyuzhna (Donetsk), which to a certain extent reflects the specifics of creative processes of artists from different regions of the country, as well as the traditions and tendencies of development of modern Ukrainian jewelry in general.
Conclusions. It is established that traditional technologies of art metal are the basis for further creative methods and searches for shaping in the works of contemporary jewelry artists of Ukraine. The birth of modern stylistic forms, new means of expression of artistic image through the prism of experiments with this or that material, the combination of traditional and new technological and technical processes are characteristic features in the work of leading Ukrainian jewelry artists, in particular: V. Balyberdin, O. Garkus, T. Kalyuzhna. Modern Ukrainian jewelry outlines new specific principles of compositional and technological shaping, which are characterized in particular by national features of the traditions of Ukrainian decorative and applied art, where artists are shown individual ways of performing jewelry. All this gives rise to the formation of new forms, tendencies, methods, stylistic directions and perspective development of jewelry in Ukraine as a whole.
Keywords: Ukrainian jewelery, jewelry artist, traditions, experimentation, stylistics, methods, formation of forms.
- Shmagalo, R.T. (2015). Art Metal of Ukraine XX — beg. XXI century.
- Encyclopedia of artistic metal (Vol. 2). Lviv: Apriori [in Ukrainian].
- Chegusova, Z. (2002). The decorative art of Ukraine at the end of the twentieth century. 200 names: album-directory.Kyiv: Atlant Yuem SI [in Ukrainian].
- Pasichnyk, L.V. (2014). Artistic orientation of activity of the departments of art metal of Lviv National Academy of Arts and Kosiv Institute of Applied and Decorative Arts in the context of preparation of jewelry artists. Ukrainian Art Studies: materials, researches, reviews. Coll. Sciences. works (Pp. 212—220). NAS of Ukraine; IMF them. M.T. Rylsky. Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
- Pasichnyk, L.V. (2017). Jewelery art of Ukraine XX—XXI centuries. Kyiv: Naukova dumka [in Ukrainian].
- Pasichnyk, L. (2016). Jewelery art of Ukraine XX — the beginning of the XXI century (history, stylistics, personalities). Candidate’s thesis. Kyiv: IAFE to them M.T. Rylskyi NAS of Ukraine [in Ukrainian].
- Kravchenko, M. (2017). Art of decoration ornament in Ukraine of the last third of the XX — beginning of the XXI century: European context, artistic features, personalities. Candidate’s thesis. Lviv: Lviv National Academy of Arts [in Ukrainian].
- (2021). Vladimir Ivanovich Balyberdin. Applied Arts Section. Retrieved from: http://konshu.org/section/decor/balyberdin-volodymyr.html (last accessed: 11.12.2021).
- (2021). Vladimir Baliberdin. Exhibition «Protect the soul». Retrieved from: http://miku.org.ua/ua/novini/baliberdin_volodimir_ivanovich.html (last accessed: 11.12.2021).
- Sodomora, H. (2011). The correlation of tradition and innovation in the artistic solution of male jewelry of the Carpathian Ukrainians. The ethnology notebooks, 3 (99), 503—508 [in Ukrainian].
- Pasichnyk, L. (2014). A square of mini metal. Jewelry — art — mini-enamels: catalog. Kyiv: Artalex-print [in Ukrainian].
- (2021). About designer-jeweler of individual jewelry Tatyana Kalyuzhna. Retrieved from: https://zlato.ua/manufacturers/kalyuzhnaya/ (last accessed: 15.12.2021).