The Ethnology Notebooks. 2021. № 3 (159), 593—600
EVENT-ACTIVITIES AS THE PROMOTION TOOL OF NATIONAL CULTURE (1991—2021)
- ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-3363-6198
- Ph.D. of Historical Sciences, Associate Professor,
- Ivan Franko National University of Lviv,
- Department of Socio-Cultural Management,
- Faculty of Culture and Arts,
- 18, Valova street, 79000, Lviv, Ukraine,
- Contacts: e-mail: email@example.com
- ORCID ID: https://orsid.org/0000-0001-9929-8166
- Ph.D. in Historical Sciences, Senior Lecturerat, Senior Lecturer,
- Lviv Branch of the Kyiv National University
- of Culture and Arts,
- Department of administrative support for
- social and cultural affairs Separated Subdivision,
- 5, Kushevich Street, 79019, Lviv, Ukraine,
- Contacts: e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract. For centuries, Ukrainians have created their own original culture, inheriting the cultural values of their ancestors, adopting and creatively comprehending the heritage of other peoples. In this way, they have made a significant contribution to the world’s treasury. Ukraine’s independence, the development of an independent state, the growth of the nation’s self-consciousness and the complex process of transition to a new society at the turn of the epochs require new coverage of cultural problems, open new horizons for the development of Ukrainian culture. All this has led to a growing interest in the history and problems of Ukrainian culture, which is not sufficiently satisfied, because the features of Ukrainian culture are studied in fragments. The relevance of the research topic lies in the need to systematize scientific knowledge and views on event-activities in connection with their ability to influence the promotion of national culture, which is important for Ukraine in modern conditions. The purpose of the study is to find out the role of event-activities in the aspect of the promotion of national culture. The source base are works of such native and foreign scholars as S.V. Kulchytsky, V.A. Grechenko, N.M. Demidenko, N.V. Chebotok, D. Doroshenko, who studied the impact of event-activities on the promotion of national culture. During the study, the following methods were used: historical and legal, induction, deduction, method of comparative analysis, formal-dogmatic method, system-structural and others. Comprehensive use of various methods and approaches allowed to create the most complete and objective picture of the role and the importance of event-activities as the promotion tool of national culture. The results of the study may increase the demand for event-activities in Ukraine due to their ability to influence the promotion of national culture. The practical significance of the results of the study is also manifested in the use of their cultural institutions, enterprises, institutions and organizations, in order to conduct event-activities aimed at promoting national culture.
Keywords: project, event, event-activities, national culture, event-industry, event-technology, pandemic, quarantine.
- Andrianova, N.A. (2016). The phenomenon of «event» in the social and scientific context. Comparative and analytical law. Uzhhorod. Retrieved from: https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/api/file/viewByFileId/525535.pdf (Last accessed: 20.05.2021) [in Ukrainian].
- Buryak, V., & Davydyuk, V. (Ed.). (2007). Mythological and folklore thinking in the context of conscious evolution of the ethnos. Proceedings of the international scientific conference within the framework of the V International Festival of Ukrainian Folklore «Berehynia», («New life of old traditions, traditional Ukrainian culture in modern art and life») (Pp. 9—18). Lutsk: Tverdynya [in Ukrainian].
- Vlasov, V.P. (2006). Folklore origins of jazz. Kyiv: Jazz, 2, 5—6 [in Ukrainian].
- Vorobieva, E.V. (2020). Features of organizing online events. Bulletin of the Educational Consortium Middle-Russian University. Series: economics and management, 15, 121—122. Tula [in Russian].
- Dobrovolska, N.O. (2008). Development of national consciousness as a component of national-cultural traditions in the process of studying by students of a special course «Ukrainian language». Humanitarian Bulletin of the Zaporizhzhia State Engineering Academy, 33, 217—221. Zaporizhzhia [in Ukrainian].
- Zelenskaya, L., & Romanova, A. (2015). Event management: dictionary-handbook of event organizers. Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
- Karnaukh, I. (2017). Event marketing in libraries. Library information space: Polish-Ukrainian experience: materials of international scientific-practical conference, May 18—19 (Pp. 440—453). Lviv. Retrieved from: http://ena.lp.edu.ua:8080/bitstream/ntb/42350/1/Inf-prostir-biblioteky__2018-440- 453.pdf (Last accessed: 20.05.2021) [in Ukrainian].
- Karpyuk, O.A., & Singaevskaya, A.A., & Saukh, I.V. (Ed.). (2016). Event management in the tourism industry: world experience and prospects for Ukraine. Current issues, current status and prospects for the development of the tourism industry in Ukraine and Poland: materials of the ninth international scientific-practical conference (Pp. 39—42). Zhytomyr [in Ukrainian].
- (2019). Cultural and artistic studies of the XXI century: scientific and practical partnership: materials of the international symposium, June 6. Ministry of Culture of Ukraine; National Academy of Management of Culture and Arts. Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
- Mysyk, V.M. (2020) Conceptual model of construction and use of event management in enterprise management. Bulletin of Lviv Polytechnic National University: Management and Entrepreneurship in Ukraine: Stages of Formation and Problems of Development (Issue 2 (1), pp. 29—36). Lviv DOI: https://doi.org/10.23939/smeu2020.01.029 [in Ukrainian].
- Nagorny, B.G. (2012). Globalization and global identity. Bulletin of V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University. Sociological research of modern society: methodology, theory, methods, 993 (Issue 29, pp. 9—11).Kharkiv [in Ukrainian].
- Present, K.V. (2005). Functioning of cultural tradition in social space: dis. for science. degree of PhD of Sociology. Science: special. 22.00.01. «Theory and history of sociology». Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
- Oleksyuk, G.V. (2020). Event-industry: development and problems in Ukraine. Regional economy. Lviv. Retrieved from: http://re.gov.ua/re202003/re202003_120_OleksyukHV,AnhelkoIV,SamotiyNS.pdf (Last accessed: 20.05.2021) [in Ukrainian].
- (2020). On amendments to some acts of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine: Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of June 17, 2020. № 500. Government portal: website. Retrieved from: https://www.kmu.gov.ua/npas/pro-vnesennya-zmin-do-deyakih-aktiv-kabinetu-ministriv-ukrayini-i170620-500 (Last accessed: 20.05.2021) [in Ukrainian].
- (2020). On establishing quarantine in order to prevent the spread of acute respiratory disease COVID-19 caused by coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 in Ukraine, and stages of mitigation of anti-epidemic measures: Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of May 20, 2020. № 392. Government portal: website. Retrieved from: https://www.kmu.gov.ua/npas/pro-vstanovlennya-karantinu-z-metoyu-zapobigannyaposhirennyu-na-teritoriyi-ukrayini-gostroyi-respiratornoyi-hvorobi-covid-19-sprichinenoyi-korocovvirusoms i200520-392 (Last accessed: 20.05.2021) [in Ukrainian].
- Radionova, O.M. (2015). Synopsis of lectures on the course «Event Technology» (for 2nd year full-time and part-time students of training areas 6.140101 — «Hotel and restaurant business», 6.140103 — «Tourism»). Kharkiv: KhNUMG O.M. Beketova [in Ukrainian].
- Romantsov, A.N. (2011). Event-marketing: the essence and features of the organization: a textbook. Moscow: Dashkov and Co [in Russian].
- Sardak, S.E., & Buslovskaya, A.A. (2018). Event management in the management of tourism development. Economics and business management (Issue 3 (14), pp. 142—145). Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
- Sytnyk, G. (2004). National values as the basis of progressive development of the individual, society, state. Bulletin of NAPA, 2, 369—374. Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
- Sonder, M., & Stryzhak (Ed.). (2006). Event management: organization of entertainment events. Techniques, ideas, strategies, methods. Under common. Moscow: Vershina [in Russian].
- Khitrova, O.A., & Kharitonova, Y.Y. (2018). Status and trends in event management in Ukraine. Scientific Bulletin of the International Humanities University. Series: Economics and Management (Issue 30, pp. 27—31). Odessa [in Ukrainian].